The Plot Thickens (1 of 2)

Just in time for the busiest web­comic update day of the week (Sunday)! Looks like Milo’s been exper­i­ment­ing (some­what exten­sively) with an old friend. (Old-​ish. Couple months.) My dear wall-​smashing robot, whether employed as a vendor, courier, or intim­ida­tor, we will never tire of your pri­mary func­tion: smash­ing walls.

Next strip is about twice as long as usual, so expect a longer-than-usual delay. In the mean­time, why not watch The Thief and the Cob­bler: Recob­bled Cut on the YouTube there?

The Thief and the Cob­bler is a film renowned for its long and ulti­mately depress­ing devel­op­ment his­tory (one that ends with sweep­ing changes forced upon film’s orig­i­nal cut for the sake of time, money, and marketability—hence the need for a fan’s re-​cut), and for its won­der­ful ani­ma­tion. Just watch Zigzag the Grand Vizier make his entrance. Look at that strut. I am hard-​pressed to recall the last time I was so entranced by some­one walk­ing. Also, who voices Zigzag? Oh that’s right: Vin­cent Dang Price. I think you are ready to agree that Zigzag is the best char­ac­ter.

P.S., it is a real song.

1. Kari Pahula says:

Actu­ally, Monday is the busiest web­comic update day of the week. Sunday is the least busy day. I even have a nice graph to sup­port this: http://​piperka.​net/​i​m​a​g​e​s​/​w​e​e​k​l​y​_​u​p​d​a​t​e​s.png

Love that third panel and the strip of light that high­lights Milo’s eyes! And I like my cheese­cake topped with straw­ber­ries and whipped cream.

3. Pomp says:

Milo’s invented a hand held time machine? prob­a­bly not, but it would be cool. Either that or a portal gun.

4. It's A Me! says:

Hey, the gun resem­bles a hand-​held ver­sion of Milo’s ray gun from the Thanks­giv­ing Spe­cial a while back. For­shad­ow­ing?

5. Justice_junkies says:

With as long as this plot’s been thicken­ning, I think it’s con­gealed.

Touché, my friend. Touché.

The next strip is still being drawn. We’ll post a status update before the hol­i­days roll around.

My God! It really IS a song! And Louis Armstrong’s ver­sion was better than the Mup­pets!

8. CommenterX says:

I fear Chronil­log­i­cal updates have been sus­pended indefinitely…

macsnafu Reply:

Do you think they’re frozen in time?? 😉

John Reply:

You can prob­a­bly ease up on your fear­ing, a little! We at Chronil­log­i­cal have been expe­ri­enc­ing what we like to call a “temporary con­tent stoppage.” And by “we,” I mean “me,” John, because Greg would likely refer to it less euphemisti­cally as “John is not work­ing on the comic as hard as he should be.” The next strip will be done—not sure when! But it’s coming along.

And if that isn’t a sat­is­fy­ing answer, then … mac­snafu is right! We are trapped!! In time!!! (Despite being able to reply to this mes­sage? They are com­pli­cated, these cir­cum­stances under which we are trapped!)