Whooming It Up

Comic for March 13, 2009: Whoom­ing It Up

In truth, the “VOOP” is more of a “VOP”. It’s the sound of two wet fish smack­ing together.

Yes, every machine needs to have its own, unique sound. Dig out the Theremin, dudes, and play with it!

There is one flaw in Roy’s think­ing, though. He’s already expe­ri­enced the heap of Stan­leys in the past, so there’s no reason to think that send­ing them back will cause him to expe­ri­ence more in the future.

It is a little unclear exactly what Roy thinks he’s going to achieve by all of this. But to him, it’s very simple: Milo is respon­si­ble for the Stan­leys, so he needs to stop Milo from shov­ing them through. It might be more the prin­ci­ple of the thing than any­thing else. He may also think that he can alter the past by pre­vent­ing the Stan­leys from being sent through time.

3. dartigen says:

I could say some­thing about a cer­tain episode of The Simp­sons, but I won’t.

4. Colin says:

You could?

I’ve asked John, whose Simp­sons knowl­edge far out­strips my own, but I’m afraid nei­ther of us knows which episode you’re refer­ring to. Is it a newer one, per­haps?

6. Colin says:

What did you say?
    I didn’t say any­thing, I was just about to ask what the silver…
    Oh, I thought you said ‘whop.’
    Said what?
    Whop.

7. Lupo says:

“the sound of two wet fish smack­ing together” is a “VOP”?

…really?

…did you try? (sci­en­tific exper­i­men­ta­tion method?)

Have to go to the fish market, I’m too curi­ous about that!

@Lupo: I have to admit, I haven’t tried it. In fact, I hes­i­tated to write that com­ment, as I don’t really know what two wet fish smack­ing together actu­ally sounds like. But then I decided to be bold and I wrote the com­ment down anyway. I’m crazy like that.

If you do try it, you should def­i­nitely make a record­ing and share it with the world! Dis­per­sal of such knowl­edge is clearly nec­es­sary for the bet­ter­ment of human­ity. And let’s face it: human­ity could always use a little bet­ter­ing.

@mac­snafu: Clas­sic.

9. Zil Samo says:

What about thlab­ber?

Well now that’s just silly.

11. Theplayer131 says:

I think it would be some­thing like Slllllap… But people could con­fuse with the sound of a whip…

Fishes are quite fas­ci­nat­ing and tasty mysteries…